Most of us know that we should not have too much fat, sugar or sodium in our diets, but we often don’t know how to compensate for the loss of flavor. Next time, try some of these flavorings instead. Not only will you spice up your dishes, but you will also gain additional health benefits.
1. Citrus juice
3. Dried Fruits
4. Chopped or diced aromatic vegetables such as:
5. Herbs and spices such as:
– Freshly ground black pepper
– Cayenne pepper
– Garlic powder (not to be confused with garlic salt)
– Onion powder (not onion salt)
– Bay leaf
– Curry powder
– Chili powder
– Italian herb seasoning blend
For more ideas on how to cook with herbs and spices, click here.