We are available 24/7
Call us at 964-1251
Best Care Anywhere!
Save the Date!
Jan 26 & 27, 2018: Online Sales Open October 15, 2017!
to our mailing list
How It Impacts You
If you already have insurance through your employer you do not need to do anything. You will benefit from the improved essential health benefits that all insurance plans will have, which may result in your having better care at a lower out of pocket cost.
If you are a Medicare participant, you will not need to do anything different. You are already benefiting from a shrinking donut hole for prescriptions, preventive care costs eliminated and health insurance reform for secondary policies that assure insurance companies spend 80% of their revenue on medical care.
If you are a Medi-Cal participant your coverage will automatically transfer into Covered California and you will still have an annual reapplication. If your income is up to 138% of Federal Poverty Levels you may now qualify for Medi-Cal. There is no longer an assets test to qualify. Single adults without minor children are also now eligible. Shared costs are eliminated.
If you are currently uninsured and without access to affordable from your employer or covered by a privately purchased insurance plan, you can now apply for insurance through Covered California. If your income is 139%-400% of Federal Poverty Levels, you are eligible for premium subsidies from Covered California. If you family income is less than 250% of Federal Poverty Levels, you may also be eligible for reduced co-payments and shared costs.
New benefits for everyone starting January 1, 2014 include:
• No denying coverage from pre-existing conditions!
• No gender discrimination!
• No dollar limits on coverage!
• Coverage is available through the Health Benefits Exchange, Covered California.
• Medicaid coverage expands
These 10 essential health benefits for each insurance company include at least the following items and services:
• Outpatient care such as office visits
• Emergency services
• Maternity and newborn care
• Mental health and substance use disorder services:
• Prescription drugs
• Services and devices to help you recover if you are injured, or have a disability or chronic condition.
• Laboratory tests
• Preventive and wellness services including, screenings, and vaccines to keep you healthy and care for managing a chronic disease without cost sharing, co-pays or deductibles. This includes mammograms and colonoscopies.
• Pediatric care, including dental and vision care for children.
Call a MCC Patient Advocate for assistance at 964-1251.