Patient Advocate Information
Patient Advocates are highly trained professionals who help you determine where you and your family fit in the maze of state, federal or alternative health programs if you are low income and without private insurance.
Types of financial assistance available include:
- Medi-Cal insurance for children, seniors 65+, disabled people and pregnant women
- CMSP (County medical Services Program) for adults ages 21-64
- Education and Enrollment Assistance for Covered California health insurance.
- Sliding Scale Discounts for low income people without insurance or have a high share of cost
- Medicare Part D prescription assistance
- Patient Assistance Program for medications
Patient Advocates are proficient in both English and Spanish. They will assess your financial situation, find the best alternatives for you and help you through the application process. They can also help troubleshoot problems you may encounter with your coverage.
Call 964-1251, 961-3465, 961-4074 or 961-3446 to make an appointment with Patient Advocate Services.